Making your own astrology chart or astrology birth charts can be pretty easy! Just follow these steps and you’ll be able to make your own natal birth chart that you can refer to when looking at and reading horoscopes!
Ten Steps To Create Your Very Own Astrology Natal Birth Charts
1. Begin by drawing three circles, a large one, a second medium circle inside the large circle, and a smaller circle inside the other two. Then, using a ruler, divide the large and medium circles into twelve equal parts.
2. Label each section of the large circle and add the name of the sign or the astrological symbol. You may want to start with your star sign at the top and then continue in order. The order of the zodiac is: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces. You will need to have them in this order to do an accurate astrology birth chart.
3. Find your ascendant sign by looking up your birth date in an ephemeris. This is a chart of the position of the heavenly bodies at any given time. The ascendant is the sign that is found in the Eastern horizon at the time of birth. For a more accurate astrology chart you will also want the latitude and longitude of the subjects birth so that you can figure out exactly where the ascendant was at the time.
4. Each section of the horoscope is broken up into 30 degrees segments and you will want to put the ascendant into the segment by however many degrees it was found in a sign. The ascendant is marked by a line connecting the ascendant sign to the sign it is found in. For example, if your ascendant was Taurus then it may be 15 degrees in Virgo and you will want to draw the line 15 degrees across them both.
5. In the spots left empty in the middle circle you will want to put the planets as they appeared at the time of the persons birth. Again for a more accurate astrology birth chart you will also want to know the latitude and longitude of when they were born. In order to find out where the planets were you’ll want to consult the ephemeris again. The planets include the sun and moon as well as Pluto depending on what type of astrology you have chosen to use.
6. You will want to place the houses on your astrology birth charts. The houses go in the inner circle and are again divided by twelve. The houses help to determine things like family, wealthy, personality and other such attributes. There are several methods for determining houses and their locations, but the easiest way is to line them up with the ascendent and put them in order. So if your ascendant is 15 degrees into Virgo then you’ll want to place your first house there and move on to the second house 15 degrees into Libra.
7. Lastly you want to calculate the aspects, these are the angles formed between celestial bodies. These can be estimated just by looking at the birth charts!